DEMIRE: Notification according to Article 43 WpHG regarding the owner of a qualifying holding
Langen, 05. April 2018 – On March 1, 2018, Klaus Wecken has informed DEMIRE Deutsche Mittelstand Real Estate AG that the voting rights participation of Klaus Wecken and his subsidiaries Wecken & Cie and Care4 AG (the „Notifying Parties“) has exceeded the threshold of 30% on February 26, 2018 and has amounted to 32.19% (17,471,893 voting rights) on that date.
Furthermore, on March 2, 2018 the Notifying Parties have informed DEMIRE Deutsche Mit-telstand Real Estate AG that their voting rights participation has exceeded the threshold of 50% on February 28, 2018 and has amounted to 59.12% (32,084,524 voting rights) on that date.
According to Article 43 para. 1 of the German Securities Trading Act (WpHG), the Notifying Parties have informed DEMIRE Deutsche Mittelstand Real Estate AG on April 3, 2018 as follows in connection with these notifications:
1. The investment is aimed at implementing strategic objectives.
2. It is intended to acquire further voting rights in DEMIRE Deutsche Mittelstand Real Es-tate AG in the next twelve months by means of purchases or otherwise.
3. It is intended to exert an influence on DEMIRE Deutsche Real Estate AG’s adminis-trative, management and supervisory bodies.
4. A significant change of the capital structure of DEMIRE Deutsche Mittelstand Real Estate AG, in particular with regard to the debt/equity ratio is intended. A change of the dividend policy is intended insofar as an improvement of the operating results shall be achieved in order to make future distributions possible.
5. The acquisition of the voting rights was partially achieved by way of attribution within the meaning of Article 34 para. 2 WpHG (acting in concert) and in this respect neither own funds nor borrowings were required. The acquisition of the voting rights directly held by the Notifying Parties was financed with own funds.