DEMIRE Deutsche Mittelstand Real Estate AG
Privacy Protection for Social Media
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. The information below describes how we handle the information collected about you through your use of our social media sites on social networks and platforms. The processing of your data takes place according to the legal regulations.
II. Social Media Providers
1. Responsible Body
If your personal data are processed by a provider listed below, this provider is responsible for the data processing as defined by the GDPR. For the assertion of your related rights, we would like to point out that these rights can be most effectively asserted with the respective providers. Only these providers have access to the data collected about you. Should you need further assistance, please contact us at any time.
We have an online presence on the social media platforms of the following providers:
- LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland
- XING SE, Dammtorstrasse 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
2. Data Protection Officer
Information on contacting the data protection officer of social media providers can be found here:
- LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/ask/TSO-DPO
- XING SE:
III. General Information about Social Media Platforms by DEMIRE Deutsche Mittelstand Real Estate AG
1. Responsible Body
The following body is responsible for data processing as defined by the GDPR, for the data transmitted by you via one of the social media platforms and processed by us:
DEMIRE Deutsche Mittelstand Real Estate AG
63225 Langen, Germany
+49 6103 37249-0
2. Our Data Protection Officer
For any issues related to data processing carried out by us as the responsible party, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address/email address:
PROLIANCE GmbH / datenschutzexperte.de
Data Protection Officer
80802 Munich, Germany
3. General Data Processing on Social Media Platforms
a. Data Processing for Market Research and Advertising
Personal information is generally processed on the Company’s website for market research and promotional purposes. In doing so, a cookie is set in your browser that allows the respective provider to recognise you when you visit a website. User profiles can be created using the data collected. These profiles are used to display advertisements within and outside of the platform that are presumably in line with your interests. In addition, user profiles can also store data independently of the devices you are using. This is usually the case when you are a member of the respective platform and logged in to this platform.
b. Data Processing at Time of Initial Contact
We also collect your personal data when you contact us, for example, using a contact form or messenger service such as Facebook Messenger. The data collected depends on your details and the contact information you have provided or released. This information is stored for the purpose of processing your request and in the event of follow-up questions. Under no circumstances will we pass these data on to third parties without your consent. The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in answering your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR and Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR, in the case that your request is with the intention to conclude a contract. Your data will be deleted after final processing if there is no duty to retain this data under law. We consider the processing to be final when circumstances indicate that the relevant facts have been conclusively clarified.
c. Data Processing for Contract Processing
When you contact us via a social network or other platform to conclude a contract for the provision of goods or services, we process your data to fulfil the contract or to carry out pre-contractual activities to provide the intended services. The legal basis for the processing of your data, in this case, is Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR. Your data will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the execution of the contract or when it has been determined that the pre-contractual activities will not lead to a conclusion of a contract that was the purpose for establishing contact. Please note, however, that even after the contract has been concluded, it may still be necessary for us to store the personal data of our contract partners to comply with contractual or legal obligations.
d. Data Processing Based on Consent
If you are requested by the respective providers of the platforms to consent to the processing for a specific purpose, the legal basis of the processing is set out in Art. 6 (1) lit. a. GDPR and Art. 7 GDPR. A consent that has been given can be withdrawn at any time, the effect of which is to take place in the future.
IV. Data Transfer and Recipient
Please note that the use of social media platforms may permit data to be processed outside the EU and the European Economic Area and that the level of European data protection cannot be guaranteed. These aforementioned US-based social media providers are certified in accordance with the US-European “Privacy Shield” agreement, which ensures compliance with the level of data protection in the EU.
V. Your Rights
In the following, you will find information about which data subject rights the applicable data protection law grants you vis-a-vis the responsible party. You have the right to
- request information about your personal data processed by us; Art. 15 GDPR. Specifically, you may provide information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period and the right of rectification;
- request the deletion, restriction of processing or objection; to appeal; learn the origin of your data (to the extent it was not collected by us); know about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling; and, where appropriate, have meaningful information about their details;
- promptly request the correction of incorrect personal data or completion of personal data stored by us; Art. 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless such processing is required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims; Art. 17 GDPR;
- to request the restricted processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you; the processing is unlawful but you reject its deletion, and we no longer need the data, you, however, require the data for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR; Art. 18 GDPR;
- to receive your personal information provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transmitted to another responsible party; Art. 20 GDPR;
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of the federal state where we are domiciled (see information above) or that of your usual place of residence or workplace; and
- revoke a consent to the processing of data already granted at any time to take effect in the future; Art. 7 (3) GDPR. In the case of revocation, we will delete the data concerned immediately, as far as further processing of the data has no legal basis for non-consensual processing. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
Right to Object
If your personal data is processed by us based on legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 GDPR, to the extent that this occurs for reasons that arise from your particular situation. Insofar as the objection is directed against the processing of personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, you have a general right to objection without the requirement to provide special reasons.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or right to object, please send an email to .
VI. Retention Period
The personal data collected by us will be deleted from our system when it is no longer required for the purposes specified in its collection or when you have exercised your right of revocation or right to object. Statutory retention periods remain unaffected. We have no control over the retention period of your data stored by the social media providers for their own purposes. For details, please contact the providers directly.